Monday, February 25, 2008

Nokia Morph - mobile phone concept

I've seen it on Gizmodo and then I went over to Unwired View for the original article, and I simply had to write about it. Nokia proves again that they are one of the greatest names in the industry. I, personally, am a huge fan of Nokia's mobile phones. Any of them. Since the standby time is one of the key factors I take into consideration when I see a phone, Nokia beats the competition by the mile. That's my little narrow point of view.

And with this new phone, they're going to set new limits that others can't reach. From what I understand, the phone is not yet planned for mass production so we can't expect it to be available in retail stores any time soon. But then again, even if it would be, I don't believe there will be many people so eager to purchase it. Seeing as the Apple iPhone made such a big hype around it, another ground breaking mobile phone might not be properly appreciated so soon. It's not like we're made of money. Well, most of us aren't anyway. And speaking of costs, if it will reach the masses that is, let's take a little look at the technology it involves. According to Unwired View, the concept phone is made possible with the help of nanotechnology based flexible materials, transparent electronics and self-cleaning surfaces. That makes the phone flexible, stretchy and thus the user might be able to give it different shapes. I can just imagine future implications of this technology. The commercials might sound a little like:
Tired of the mobile phone giving you an uncomfortable feeling when you sit down? Tired of that pain in your thigh? Well rest assured, the new Nokia Morph will bend to your every desire!

OK, so that was corny. I guess that's why I don't work in marketing or advertisement. But you probably got the general idea.

In the end, let's take a look at that beautiful green piece of ... something. Look at the shapes, look at the infinite possibilities, just look.
Nokia Morph concept mobile phone